During the period 30 January - 5 February 2017, at the "green border" and crossing points, the border police officres have notified 155 events, documenting 181 persons who violated the border and migration legislation of the Republic of Moldova as follows:
- 2 illegal crossings of the state border;
- 62 persons for the infringement of state border regime, as well as that of the BCPs;
- 4 persons presented false and falsified travel acts;
- 56 persons presented invalid documents;
- 21 infringements of the rules of transportation of passengers;
- 22 foreign citizens exceeded the period of stay on the territory of the Republic of Moldova;
- 5 persons were documented for illegal transportation of goods;
- 9 persons are being investigated for breaching traffic regulations.
During the preceding week, 33 foreigners and 76 vehicles, were refused entry to the Republic of Moldova. Also, according to the data held, 12 Moldovans did not have access to enter the Russian Federation, and 12 co-nationals into European Union. From the Russian Federation were deported 4 Moldovans and from EU – 7.
The border police officers had nine border meetings with representatives of the border authorities of Ukraine and Romania in order to exchange information and acceptance-transmission of offenders.
Referring to crossing the state border crossing via the BCPs in the period covered, the flow of crossings of persons was 277 915, 0.2% less compared to the last week of January, and the traffic of transport units experienced 71 179 crossings, decreasing by 0.3%. However, in the last 48 hours, the Border Police officers registered a flow of 87 872 crossings of persons, of which a total of 44 751 crossings were recorded on exit of the country.
Currently, due to the formation of ice bridges over the River Dniester remain inoperative BCPs of wharf type "Cosăuţi" and "Vasilcau".
To support participants in cross-border traffic by allowing them to opt for a less crowded route as on the homepage of the Border Police website can be viewed a new application "Online Traffic". The application provides information on the average waiting time at border crossings (road) for the categories of vehicles: cars / buses and trucks.