Within the period 23-29 January 2017 at the “green border” and BCPs the border police officers notified 169 events, documenting 184 persons who offended the border and migration of the Republic of Moldova, as it follows:
- 1 illegal crossing of the state border;
- 46 persons for the infringement of state border regime, as well as that of the BCPs;
- 15 persons presented false and falsified travel acts;
- 78 persons presented false vignettes;
- 26 foreign citizens exceeded the period of stay on the territory of the Republic of Moldova;
- 10 persons were documented for illegal transportation of goods;
- 8 persons investigated for breaching traffic regulations.
During the preceding week, 35 foreigners and 66 vehicles, were refused entry to the Republic of Moldova. Also, according to the data held, 11 Moldovans did not have access to enter the Russian Federation, and 14 co-nationals into European Union. From the Russian Federation were deported four Moldovans and from EU – one person.
Border police officers had seven border meetings with representatives of the border authorities of Ukraine and Romania in order to exchange information and acceptance transmission of offenders.
Referring to crossing the state border via crossing points in the period covered, the persons' flow - 278 483 crossings, up 1.6% compared to the penultimate week of the current month, and traffic transportation presented 71 428 crossings, up 2.1%. However, in the last 48 hours, the Border Police officers registered a flow of 85 148 crossings of persons, of which a total of 43 846 crossings were recorded on direction of exit from the country.
Currently, due to the formation of ice bridges over the River Dniester, remain inoperative wharf BCPs "Cosăuţi" and "Vasilcău".
To support participants in cross-border traffic by allowing them to opt for a less crowded route as on the homepage of the website of the Border Police can be viewed a new application "Online traffic". The application provides information on the average waiting time at border crossings (road) for the categories of vehicles: cars / buses and trucks.